Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Tuesdays Tallies 4

One a Day Banner 

Ooops, I nearly forgot that it was Tuesday :)  It feels like a Wednesday which is a big disappointment when you realise it's still 3 days til the weekend...  We've been busy on the house hunting front (still no joy yet) so where I usually crochet at lunch I've been ringing up every estate agent in the area booking appointments!  I'm also getting very excited about a certain upcoming festival...

 All this together means I've only managed a mere five squares this week - & three of those were made today!

Rosie Elmer Blanket 

I'm totally out of Meadow now and just about to run out of Wisteria so I may become a little stuck with how much more I can do.  I don't want to buy more, so I might introduce new colours...
So on that note thank you for all your lovely responses about Pomegranate - I'm starting to think you were completely right.

These are the squares without, & although it's quite a calm looking blanket, which was originally what I was after, I can't help feeling like it's lacking something.



Rosie Elmer Blanket

I'm not sure if it's because everything we have is so bright and I did want something a little less that, something that goes with our sofa and might look nice in our eventual new home...
...But look!


You guys are fab!

I had a go at blocking the whole lot this evening.  I could do with getting some of those foam play mats, I've used our bath mat but it means taking the pins all out.  I measured them all out perfectly & everything!

Rosie Elmer Blanket

I'm so excited with how they're looking now they're actually square :D  It makes such a difference though and it's saved me doing them all at the end.  Just a steam iron & NO touching the yarn :)

Rosie Elmer Blanket

x x x x

So the de-stashing count begins!

Meadow 
Wisteria

8 comments:

  1. I think those are gorgeous colors, with the added pomegranate especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the addition of the Pomegranate is faboooo! It's a very nice blanket. I'm so excited for you to be looking for a house. You will so enjoy it!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pomegranate should definitely stay, it makes the whole pop! Quick question, to block these squares, did you just pin them in shape and then hoover (I'm not sure this is the verb I'm looking for) the steam iron over them? It worked out great! Enjoy your second part of the week/weekend :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nanita, I did yes, just hover over them. I've got a steam button on my iron so I eas pressing that as well :-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. They all look beautiful and so square ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all look beautiful and very square :) I hope you find a new house!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x