Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Tuesdays Tallies 2


Hello lovely people :)  I hope you're having as nice weather as we are here, it's just wonderful to have sunshine and warmth at last!  It's made cycling to work even more of a joy :)


I've actually got a Tuesdays tallies for you, although maybe not as many squares as I'd imagined.  I'm calling this project my Rosie Elmer Blanket.  If Elmer the Elephant was rosie, maybe this is what she'd look like!

These are the squares I'd made by Saturday, or it might have been Sunday I forget

Rosie Elmer blanket

Then I had a go at blocking them, using a steam iron and hovering over (not touching!!) like Lucy over in the Attic at number 24 suggested.  Works a treat!

Rosie Elmer Blanket

I could do with making a grid or something so they're all blocked the same but I doubt it matters that much

Rosie Elmer Blanket

And lastly this is a very bad photo of how many I've got right now.  I need to start using our digital camera instead of my phone but I'm feeling really lazy today!

Rosie Elmer Blanket

As always, click the One a Day banner to visit Carole and see the other One a Day projects

x x x x

4 comments:

  1. Blocking always makes a world of difference. I am making triangles at the moment and they aren't actually triangles until I block them so well done you for being a little bit more patient - it is hard to add another process. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours ... looking forward to seeing the finished blanket!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good so far! Love the pastels you have chosen. I just made a afghan for my youngest son using this square pattern. It crochets up quickly, doesn't
    it??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking good! I am doing one a day as well but I have missed the last three days. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x