Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Tuesdays Tallies 1 - the secret project!

One a Day Banner

... is back!!



Last year I joined in with the One A Day project hosted by Carole over at Ginger Bread Girl. It was definitely the motivating factor that got my hexagon blanket finished.

Hexagon blanket

 Last week Carole posted that she was starting up again but at the time I said I didn't really have any One A Day suitable projects...

Oh what I didn't know then!  Over the weekend I was reading Heathers latest post on Little Tin Bird and it was all over.  That fire ignited in my head and heart, I just HAD to make myself a blanket like this!



You'll know that I'm on a bit of a yarn de-stash so this looks perfect.  I want to use pinks/purples and some green from my Stylecraft bag.  Here's what I've hooked up so far

Pinkie blanket

And because there's not a lot to see, here's them arranged differently.  How exciting ;-)

Pinkie blanket

I've followed Heathers tutorial which is really easy and can be found here.  It's the same one that she's used for her beautiful Elmer blankets as well.

They're super quick to make, I think I can get one done in about 15 minutes, which may sound a lot but trust me when you're making granny squares with rounds in different colours this is much quicker.

❤ 

Unlike Heather who is far more generous, I will be keeping my blanket all for me!  Mostly because J has been stealing my hexagons (I've had to rescue it as my end weaving wasn't very good!).

Ahh...  now speaking of J, you might be wondering why this is a secret project!  I've already said it's for me so you know I'm not hiding it from it's recipient.  No.  I just can't bring myself to tell J I'm making another blanket when we have so many already (handmade & otherwise) because I can't quite believe I'm doing this again when I swore I wouldn't!

This one will be different, I'm thinking more of a lap blanket so hopefully much smaller.  We'll see.

Anywho, pop over to Caroles blog to see if anyone else has joined in :D

One a Day Banner

x x x x

12 comments:

  1. I wondered how I was going to finish the edges of my hexagon blanket and now I have seen yours I think two zig zag edges is the perfect way, thanks. Good Luck with your secret! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't think of a way to straighten the width edges so in the end I just left it. My border isn't great and the tensions off, I'd planned to do another round in pink but it never happened :)

      Delete
  2. I love plain and simple squares and the colours look great so far. I'm so glad you have joined in with One a Day again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I was excited to see you restarting it & you know, one thing lead to another & voila!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad to read that One A Day is back, blogland has felt a little bit empty without it hasn't it? My new baby blanket project would be perfect for One A Day.

    Your hexagon blanket is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh yay you are making an Elmer! Aren't they fun to make? The finished blankets are soooo snuggly as well because they aren't holey.

    I'm tempted to join in with the one a day thing but it may be more like one a week! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brilliant to make!! I love how quick they hook up and I can't wait til I've got enough to start joining and enjoy the snugglyness :)

      Join join join!

      Delete
  5. There are never too many crocheted blankets.. remember.. they will last and be treasured by the next generation. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! Perhaps they'll become blankets for my kids one day :o !!

      Delete
  6. Looking great and tempted to join up again too.
    It was how I finished my granny stripe ☺
    Problem in we go away a LOT.....
    But these squares would be great in the car and van.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep thinking that I need to do a 'one-a-day' strategy to finish my ripple, one row or maybe even whole stripe each day ... - It's been at a standstill for months now. I am actually going to lug (it's not that portable any more!) it up to my mum's house on the train with my kids this eve to see if I can kick start it again ...
    Good luck with yours, Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little squares, they will make such a lovely blanket.
    M x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x