Sunday, 24 March 2013

This week I...

Cast on my new hat

another hat

And finished it :-)

Mouse hat

Flicked through my growing collection of crafty books for some inspiration

Books

Drank a lot of tea from a mug my mum bought me

Tea

Was really bad and cast on a new project, a cushion cover to replace the one that I frogged to make the mouse hat

Chunky cables

(this is sort of okay because it's taken me only a few hours to do all of this)

Chunky knit

Started the other side in Ribboned Stockinette, which is what I'd been knitting the other cushion cover in. It's an interesting stitch and was working better in a less chunky yarn but I'm going to stick with it

Chunky cables

And today I made* us pancakes and waffles for breakfast in bed, cleaned the shower, had a shower, fished out a dead fish, took photos, had a cuppa, went for a sunday lunch, tried to feed the ducks or geese but there weren't any, came home cold, knitted more, blogged, thought about eating more, had some chocolate.

*okay toasted out of packets, who's complaining?


Big thank you to all the kind comments last weekend, I was very touched by everyone's thoughts and they certainly helped, especially my little brother who put a rather soppy message on Facebook, arrh! My friends funeral went as well as one can go I guess! It was a lovely service, many laughs & many tears. Seeing his kid running around though after with her friends was quite reassuring :)

x x x x

15 comments:

  1. What sweet knits,I love your hat and the seriously chunky chunkiness of the cushion yarn, perfect for such a cold weekend! xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny :) Still not finished yet but only a couple of rows to go

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicole.. looks like you've been very busy! We have a gorgeous sunny spring day today, I hope you get some sun soon. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart form the cold we've had a fairly sunny Easter bank holiday so thanks for sending the sun ;-)

      Delete
  3. Your knitting looks great, you're very good at it. The stitches are so neat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer :) It takes a bit of practice but then it's no harder than crocheting I reckon

      Delete
  4. Well done, Nicole! I have yet to try my hand at making a hat of character :) Nor have I tried to make anything with a cable, but seeing yours is inspiring! My little Miss Maggie Rabbit is ready to be stuffed...exciting! xx, Gracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Miss Maggie is very very cute :) I noticed Teresa making one too :) You could do a combined photoshoot!

      Delete
  5. Love the little mouse hat, I'll have to look out for that book in the library.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite book at the moment, the patterns are so quick & easy :)

      Delete
  6. That's such a cute hat! I need to make a cute earflap hat for myself, they're never not adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should, I'd thoroughly recommend this book as a starting point but Ravelry will have some too I'm sure :)

      Delete
  7. That is a lovely hat, it looks very cosy! Perfect for the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel :) It's not as warm as you'd think (the wind gets through the stitches) but it's better than nothing :) A fleece lining would probably do the trick

      Delete
  8. The little mouse hat is so cute, and I love chunky knitted cushions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x