Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Little squares throw - ta dah!

I've struggled with a name for this thing I've made because it's not really a throw and crochet-chair-headrest-cover sounded a bit long and boring! Well, whatever it is I've finished... :)

Crochet throw

I love love love the small squares I'm itching to make more in a rainbow of colours! I love that they start out like little circles and I think they're a lot easier to make than ones that start as squares. I've already made more middles although I've no idea what I'm planning to make!

We went to visit my family for the weekend and I got it finished while we were there, one of the reasons I'm behind on my blog reading! Sadly all my photos are pretty rubbish - don't you just hate it when you spend ages on a project but you don't shoot it properly at the end?

Crochet throw

Normally I don't bother blocking things because blankets get scrunched up I've never really had any need, but these little squares were getting a bit bunched up so I gave it a go and I'm very glad I did. My mum might not be now that her cork bath mat is full of little holes...

Crochet throw

The border is something I'm particularly happy with because I've never gone to any real effort before so this was different. And partly because I made it up although I did take my inspiration from one of Attic 24's recent blankies :) It was very easy, just a round of double crochet in cream followed by a round of red double crochets and trebles in the middle.

Crochet throw

I've made a list of all the tutorials I've used, just cos I'm nice like that :p

Tutorials:
Granny Squares
Joining
Round 1 of the border

Tea & cookies

I'm so glad the sun is shining again, it's lifted my spirits immensely & I hope you're also getting some nice weather and sunny cheer :)

x x x x

11 comments:

  1. I love your happy cheery blanket. The colours are so warm and cosy and I love the edging too. Well done!! You deserve that cookie and tea. Keep warm with your amazing blanket. Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chel :) I think we all deserve a nice cuppa! x

      Delete
  2. oooh it's lovely! Also, I really like your starry plate. Very pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plates were a bargain at £2 from Whittards! I love a good cakey plate :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE that throw! I adore the different shades of red, bravo on that.. I'm glad you're getting some sun.. we're having it too and I'm so happy! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the reds together, I've tried recreating it in blue but so far it's not working... I think the reds work because they're so similar :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful throw, such lovely colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The border is beautiful. And I love your plate too! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nanita! I've got an orange one too, better than the other boring white ones I've got :)

      Delete
  6. Nice job! I really love these colors. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x