Saturday, 19 January 2013

Crochet & Cross Stitch

Good morning campers :)  Well, still no snow - apart from a thin dusting - so disappointing!  The news is *really* getting on my nerves about it though - 'the big freeze' indeed!  I'm sure we had much worse weather last Feb.  Grrrr!

Enough of that, lets share some crochet goodness :)  While I wasn't knitting J's snood I had to find something else to do, and although I had a few projects on the go (surprise huh!?) I stumbled across this pattern on Easy! Makes me happy & I was quite literally hooked!

Cross stitch crochet hat


I've tried about a million times to get some decent photos but it's been impossible so I hope you can tell it's a crochet hat with some cross stitch on it :)  It's surprisingly warm despite being quite thin & the best thing is it fits under my bike helmet so I can keep my ears warm, yesssss :)

Crochet cross stitch hat

Looking a bit serious :p  probably annoyed I'd taken a million photos.

embroidery_01

Cross stitch is dead easy, the pattern shows you at the end how to do your stitches, I followed the flower pattern using some left over Stylecraft from other projects.

I've looked all over for the yarn label but I can't find it - you'll have to be content that it was a cheap cheap cheap aran yarn from my LYS, nothing special :)

I've since made another for our little nephew but maybe I'll wait til he's wearing it to get a photo, he's bound to be a much cuter model!

I've just watched J spend 15 minutes trying to catch a fish, he keeps tropical fish and one of them was looking pretty grim.  I have a feeling we'll be off soon to his LFS - I have yarn, he has fish!

x x x x


7 comments:

  1. I love your hat! The cross stitch is spectacular, well done! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is such a neat idea! How clever of you! Thanks for sharing it!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant way to brighten up a one coloured project!! Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not think I have ever seen cross stitch on crochet...that is a great idea and it makes a lovely visual impact brightening up an other wise plain project. I love the idea it fits under you bike helmet too. Really...clever old you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This hat is really pretty! I think cross-stitching on crochet is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x