Monday, 2 July 2012

Mini bunting ta-dah!

What?! What's this! Another ta-dah post? Something must be seriously wrong with me...

Mini knitted bunting

If that's sounding a little too smug or conceited then fear not, I'm about as surprised as anyone that I've actually been finishing stuff off this year. And to add a touch of reality to this post I thought I'd let you know I just got soaked on the way home from work (on my bike) because I'm on two wheels until my car is fixed - in a nutshell it won't start.

Mini knitted bunting

But enough about things on wheels! Knitting / crochet / yarn is where we're at...

Mini knitted bunting

Here's the all important details:
Pattern: Knitted Bunting Party Flags by Audrey Wilson
Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK (see end of post for colours!)

And now for the good bit!

Mini knitted bunting
^^^^^
Done!


I've joined the flags together with two rows of double crochet (that's single for you US folk!) and I've left a long tail for now until I decide where to hang it. Ooooh more clutter for my flat :-)

x x x x

10 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty pretty (also inspired inspired inspired!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, now I have the bloomin wantsies again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have definitely been inspired, so have followed the link to the ravelry download and am going get myself some serious stash busting fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, I love what you have done! It is very cheery and versatile to celebrate many occasions, I'm sure; but did you see Kate's post on her birthday bunting she made?
    http://grannytaughtmetocrochet.blogspot.com/
    She made the bunting to establish a family tradition...a decoration to bring out for birthday celebrations. That got me excited because in our family we tend to throw some paper streamers up for birthday celebrations, which is ok, but Kate's idea appeals to me more.
    Anyhow, all that typing is to argue that I think the bunting you created will not clutter your flat, but rather prompt you to celebrate :)
    Just viewing it causes me to want to celebrate from clear across the pond :)
    Gracie <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooooooove the rainbow bunting! I crocheted some in red, white and blue.. I need to hang it up for the 4th of July day after tomorrow! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great Nicole!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bunting is adorable! :) rainbow colours

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely happy rainbow bunting. Just what is needed to brighten this soggy summer.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE! I want some bunting for my craft room wall which is way too big and white for my liking, this might be a good one to do especially with the size of my wool stash to pick colours from :-)

    Well done on another finish :-)

    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x