Sunday, 10 June 2012

Another finished project. Really!!

I couldn't think of a good way to start this post, but it seemed that explaining that has done the trick! How handy ;-) Maybe it was because of the 24 hour flu I had yesterday! I went to bed on Friday feeling terrible and woke up feeling worse. Banging headache, fever, absolutely knocked out but apparently paracetamol, lucozade, sleep and good food cured me; woke up this morning absolutely normal. W.e.i.r.d!

Humous on toast :)
I really wish I could show you my FINISHED (!!!) knitted bunting but I haven't taken any photos whatsoever and the place where it's hanging currently is really rubbish (not to mention unpractical) so it's just not happening. Yet.

Have a nice photo of a lazy swan baby instead!

Lazy swan babies

I finished the snood I was making for my friend though - the problem is it's wayyyyyyy to small haha! I think I cast on about 100 stitches and 150 would have been much better, so rather than frogging it I've decided to pass it onto a smaller person (of soon to be 4 years) and make another one. I guess we can call this a prototype :D

Knitted snood, pomegranate

Knitted snood, pomegranate
Ta Dah

Knitted snood, pomegranate
Never made a tension square in my life :)

Knitted snood, pomegranate
My edging it totally made up but if anyone wants to know what I did let me know and I'll write out the very simple instructions :)

Knitted snood, pomegranate
Some slightly dodgy joining going on here! I didn't use my circulars because they were too long.

Knitted snood, pomegranate
Ted looking pretty unhappy (I think it was quite hot when I took this photo, no wonder!)

You should be able to guess by now that the yarns Stylecraft Special DK. This is my fave colour, Pomegranate, I have many balls of this yarn and it always runs out! I used 4mm needles for this snood and a 4mm hook for the crochet border. Snood number 2 is being cast on to much bigger needles so it's knitting up pretty quickly and is a lot looser so should be quite cosy.

I don't know where the days gone but it's bed time now :( Thanks for visiting, it's been lovely to have you :)

x x x x

10 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. That pomegranate is my favorite in the Stylecraft also. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that color! Must try that yarn myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the good visit, Nicole! I am glad that you are well!
    Your picture of the swan family is precious.
    The snood is beautiful even if not quite the size you hoped for.
    I am off to crochet more cup cozies:)
    Joy to you and yours,
    Gracie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your feeling much better now.
    Your snood is lush and such a lovely colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That snood is lovely, shame it is a bit small!

    ReplyDelete
  6. there is a nice surprise waiting for you at my blog
    http://all4meggymoo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The snood is fabulous even if a teeny bit small, it is a fab colour I can see why you love it :-)
    Oh and I've never made a tension square either, way too impatient to start the actual item and a few disasters along the way but hey, that's half the fun, lol!

    Lori xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, it's so pretty with that scallopy crochet border! The 'smaller person' will be thrilled to receive such a gift! :-) I had a giggle with the lazy swan baby, I didn't even spot it at first :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pomegranate is my favourite too and I love the lazy baby swan! How cute! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that color too.. I adored the swan photo.. did you get that yourself? Wow!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x