Sunday, 15 April 2012

I finally finished that scarf

Hello folks :-)  It's very much the end of the weekend now (3 minutes to midnight!) - where does the time go?  I've been spending a lot of time down at my parents in London so there's not been so much time for blogging, but *lots* of train time for knitting and hooking!

Time for a ta-dah post!

Yesssss!  I've finally finished my moss stitch scarf, what a relief I can tell you!  I've been knitting this on and off for longer than I care to remember (Ravelry says since August 11') but I tell you it feels a lot longer!

The yarn is king Cole Big Value Chunky - colourway Heather, which I bought last year in Ramsbottom and for roughly £2 for 100g it's brilliant stuff!

I've been wearing it this week (now that the colds settled back in again...) and I can happily report it's not a horrid itchy scarf.  A.w.e.s.o.m.e!

I'll tell you what else is awesome!  This fabric :D

Bunting fabric 
I decided to treat myself in Hobbycraft (a trip I was easily able to convince my mum to take me on!) to some new shades of pink (all half price!) and this lovely flowery pattern (not half price but sooo worth it!)

Florals 
 Truth be told this fabric will have a very specific purpose.  My friend CJ and I decided that what her kitchen needs most is bunting.  CJ isn't a particularly vintage or chintzy person so I might leave out the flowers but she's a  very pink person and my fabric stash was pretty lacking in pink...  What a poor excuse :-)

My mum barely let me leave the house with it so I think I'll have to sew something for her too.  I hope there will be enough left for me!

Right, I was just going to say it's 10 past midnight when I realised it's actually only 10 past 11.  Excellent!  It's still time for bed though.

Hippywitch!! - I haven't forgotten your cactus, I just haven't been near a post office yet :-o

x x x x

6 comments:

  1. Gadzooks, that scarf looks like it would be hard to do with all that switching from knit purl and all. Love the floral fabric, I bet it will make wonderful bunting!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am celebrating with you that you finished a fine project and found such pretty material! And I am celebrating for myself that I found your blog through Teresa and now will have the chance to get to know you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaay, the scarf looks great! We've had a false spring start as well here in Belgium, now it's coooold again :S Ah well, a good reason to show off our knitted/hooked goodies eh? ;-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scarf looks great and the material is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scarf is gorgeous and love the fabric, thanks for visiting my blog, her onsie is soooo cute. I want one too.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely scarf, moss stitch looks great but is a pig of a stitch for taking ages!

    Oooo love the fabrics, I think my craft room really needs bunting or something too, might see if I can grab the time to make some :-)

    Oh haha! I had forgotten though! No panic though it''ll be a lovely surprise when my cactus arrives because I bet I forget again :-)

    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x