Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Tuesdays not so tallies. It's not even Tuesday!

Wow! I've just been so busy making hexagons I didn't have time to post my third Tuesdays tallies.

Do you want to see all my hard work? Here it is!


....



....



....


Um... Oh wait... I haven't actually made any hexagons whatsoever this week. FAIL! I really do feel like a terrible failure - not even one! Not even the middle circle of one. Nothing :-(

Sadness!


But... In my defence I have been really busy! I have a few finished projects now and repetative strain injury of my middle left hand finger (it's the yarn tension) so I'm in serious need of knitting/crochet rehab. No more til next Tues when I'm back from London.

Sorry!!

Do you want to see CJ though? I love him, I don't really want to part from him.....!!


...



TA-DAH!!!!!!

CJ


I love his vacant expression. He looks very confused! The funny thing about him is I spent ages making his front stripes stop half way across so he'd have a pink belly but then I put the pouch on and you can't even see!

See how he's a bit of a Danger monster and a bit not? The face is the same as Rebecca Dangers monsters and I used her pattern for the pouch but the patterns from Quilty's Corner which is a fab blog and looks to have some other very neat patterns I want to try!

CJ


I found a video demo for how to knit in the round with a circular needle instead of DPNs and I've made a start on a Daphne leg so we'll see if I manage this a little more successfully! ALittleBitSheepish also gave me a good tip for working in a small round in the comments bit of my last post which I'll try if circulars don't work either so thanks very much!

Drops Paris yarn


I also had a bit of a yarn de-stash but only a little one!

This is some of the leftover Drops Paris from my first granny stripe blanket. I may complain about it's splittyness but I really love the vibrant colours!

Drops Paris yarn


I decided to use this for a phone pouch for another friends birthday because I think it will be really durable and won't start to bobble like mine has!

Phone pouch


Phone pouch


Phone pouch


I hope it's the right size, it's for an iPhone but I don't have one so I made a cardboard one which was so rubbish!

Ugh I need to pack now because I'm going to London tomorrow. I love going to London but I hate packing and always procrastinate until the last minute!

Take care all your knitty crochety bloggy people!

x x x x

15 comments:

  1. Have a great time. A lot of people had a hard time getting One-a-day's in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the monster! Very cute. I was having a giggle at the no pictures up the top, being half asleep I almost waited for them to load but in my impatience kept scrolling so luckily did not wait too long. hehe The phone cover looks great too! Sorry you are having sore hands but enjoy your break! Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the monster.. but I *LOVE* the iPhone case! I have an iPhone, but am eagerly awaiting the announcement of the iPhone 5 in a week or so.. and then I'm getting IT!! Woohoo!

    Have fun on your trip, we'll be here waiting for you to return.

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame on you! Only joking, sounds like you have been busy with other things and if you are like me it's very easy to get distracted by other pretty hooky/knitty things :)

    Have a lovely time in London.

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your post, I had to laugh reall bad haha. Love the monster and the phone cozy too! Little projects are so quick, I love them. Although the result of a big one is much more impressive :-) (this is me trying to motivate myself to get those one a day projects done ;-)).

    Have a great time in London, it's such a great city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol! Your monster looks fabulous, his confused expression is so funny! I wouldn't want to part with him. And lucky friend to recieve that happy phone pouch! Have a brilliant time in London, I wish I could go too! :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely time!!! Your monster is soooo cute!!!!

    The colours look great for the iphone cosie - really vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The monster is adorable and love the fabulous colours on the iphone cosy. Enjoy your trip to London. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. CJ is awesome, I like the colours you have used to make him!!

    Although I really love your iPhone case, its is absolutely gorgeous and so bright!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no no hexagons lol. But you have made some other beautiful things, I love the iphone pouch me wants one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The iPhone case is great what a brilliant present to receive , I love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't doso well with my one a days this week, and at least you have been super busy getting things made, CJ rocks and the rainbow phone pouch is great

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww the pink knitted monster is SO cute!! ...I cannot for the life of me work out how to use dpns, but have knitted on circulars and I LOVE them... I find staight needles get in my way - maybe thats why I love to crochet so much - nice short little hook!! :)

    Fab iphone cover too!!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. No hexagons but a gorgeous iPhone case. I'm guessing your friend will love it! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. CJ is gorgeous! Thanks for the iPhone inspiration, I'll have to make one just like it for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x