Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Baby Granny Stripe is.... Finished!!!

It's finally time to reveal my finished baby blanket. Yay!!!

This has probably been my favourite thing to work on, it hasn't taken me a hideous number of months to complete and I couldn't put it down! I am so pleased with the edging too, usually I get so bored of my projects I hurry to finish, but not this time.

So here we go... Drum roll...

Yay!



Baby Granny Stripe Blanket


Ohh I know I shouldn't be this pleased but really I am thrilled to bits, I hope my friend loves it too and that it keeps their baby snuggly and warm!

I think the edge it my favourite part actually. Remember how I said the blanket looked quite "girly" before and my friends might be having a boy, well I really think this has toned the pink down a lot!



Baby Granny Stripe Blanket


I did treble clusters around the edge and into that single trebles into each st and 6 into the corners. I wish I'd taken a photo before doing the shells because it was lovely and round! The scallop or shell eddging was a little improvised. I looked at some tutorials and ended up using a mix of a few.

Now if I remember rightly it was sl st, 1 dc in next st, 2 hdc in next st, 1 dc in next st, sl st



Baby Granny Stripe

Baby Granny Stripe

Baby Granny Stripe


I can't wait until this little one is born and I can finally give the blanket away. I'm going to be very sad to see it go so I might just have to make another.....!

x x x x



Baby Granny Stripe

11 comments:

  1. it's lovely! congrats on finishing it. The border is great too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, the blanket is simply eye-candy.. brilliant and beautiful! You'll need to start right away on your own so it won't be so sad to give it away. :-)

    Hugs from Oregon, USA -- Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole, I love your blanket and the edging is great. I never know how to really treat edging but you did a great job. I tend to improvise a lot myself but it always looks good to everyone else! This baby blankie can definitely be for baby boy or girl. What colors would you make next?!? xoRobin❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous colours and the lovely borde finishes it off nicely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, what a lucky baby it will be all snuggled up in your beautiful blanket.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous! I love the effect of the colour combinations you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blanket! I love bees too, so much that I have 3 hives of them in my garden here in Norfolk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, your baby Stripe is gorgeous. What a lovely gift to give! I love your border. I'm halfway through a double bed Granny Stripe, and haven't decided on the edge yet but i really like yours! I've added your blog to my favourites, so i'll be checking in soon! Cindy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blanket is really beutiful! I also like the border.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kayleigh, it's from Attic 24 x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x