Saturday, 12 February 2011

Granny Squares Tah-Dah!

Anyone who knows me reading this will be wondering "what on Earth is all this about?" The truth is I realised it my last post that I never wrote anything about finishing my Granny Squares blanket. You know, the mammouth year and a half project, 324 squares, two person effort that consumed me during '09 and '10!

Well yes it's finished! Poor thing, it's not that I wasn't pleased to finish it, relieved might be a good word to use! I think it was really too big to embark on as a first project and I lost heart in the middle of making all the squares, then putting them together felt like walking Route 66 (no end in sight?)

Here is a little reminder...




mosaic_squares


And here (finally) Tah-Dah!!!




Granny Square Blanket


A big thankyou has to be said to my friend J.J who helped with a lot of these little buggers and who without, I doubt I would ever have finished!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks fantastic, well worth all the effort!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Absolutely breathtaking, and sooooo worth all the hard work. Well done!!

    Much love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole, love the granny square blanket! I just adore how the colors flow, it's very graphic and fab. Good to see you pop in and say hi!

    Hugs from Teresa in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ever so much! It was worth it in the end and a good learning exercise. I've used so many different types of yarn (from the cheapest acrylic to some Kool Kotton!) but I now know the art of keeping your yarns the same!!

    Still it looks ok and is very warm :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really impressed. It is really a lesson in patience. Something compels you to continue on even though you want to pull out every strand of your hair one by one at some point! The end comes and you really have accomplished a things of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure what it was, desperation sounds familiar! Possibly the will to prove I could and would finish it? Who knows, but never again...!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment :-) I know you're probably busy so it means a lot!

I'll try to reply and share the love, especially if you have a blog! (but I can't email if you're a "No Reply" blogger, so don't be sad if you don't hear back) x